There are two passwords you will need at Brevard College. One is for your official Brevard College email account and the other is your Network Password. Your Network Password will provide you with access to all campus computers, MyBrevard, and Sakai.
Your username and email address are typically the same and should be your last name followed by your first and middle initials followed by @brevard.edu. For example, if your name is John Robert Doe, your username will be "firstname.lastname@example.org".
Your actual Brevard College username and email address along with passwords is provided to you when you begin studying/working at Brevard College.
When you login to your Brevard College email for the first time you will be asked to change it to something more unique.
You will not need to update your network password right away but you will be required to setup a security profile when logging in for the first time. Watch a tutorial on how to setup your security profile.
UPDATING YOUR NETWORK PASSWORD
There are three ways to update your Network Password.
If you are on a personal computer or device, you can visit https://account.activedirectory.windowsazure.com/r#/profile
A new password must meet these requirements
- Does not contain any part of your name
- Is not a password that you have used before for your network password
- Must be at least 8 characters long
- Must contain characters from 3 of the 4 follow groups
- An UPPERCASE letter
- A lowercase letter
- A number (0-9)
- A special character (Any other symbol on the keyboard)
- Login to a campus computer. Press CTRL + ALT + DELETE keys at the same time and select the option to change a password. If your password is about to expire or has already expired you will be prompted to change it before logging in.
- Stop by the IT Help Desk with a valid ID. The Help Desk is open M-F, 8am-4:30pm (closed 12-1pm for lunch).