There are two passwords you will need at Brevard College. One is for your official Brevard College email account and the other is your Network Password. Your Network Password will provide you with access to all campus computers, MyBrevard, and Sakai.
Your username and email address are typically the same and should be your last name followed by your first and middle initials followed by @brevard.edu. For example, if your name is John Robert Doe, your username will be "email@example.com".
Your actual Brevard College username and email address along with passwords is provided to you when you begin studying/working at Brevard College.
When you login to your Brevard College email for the first time you will be asked to change it to something more unique.
You will not need to update your network password right away but you will be required to setup a security profile when logging in for the first time. Watch a tutorial on how to setup your security profile.
UPDATING YOUR NETWORK PASSWORD
There are three ways to update your Network Password.
- Visit it.brevard.edu and click the "can't access your account?" link. Select work or school account and follow the prompts to reset your password.
- Login to a campus computer. Press CTRL + ALT + DELETE keys at the same time and select the option to change a password. If your password is about to expire or has already expired you will be prompted to change it before logging in.
- Stop by the IT Help Desk with a valid ID. The Help Desk is open M-F, 8am-4:30pm (closed 12-1pm for lunch).
When setting a new password, it must abide by the following rules:
- Must be at least 8 characters long.
- At least one character must be an uppercase letter.
- At least one character must be a lowercase letter.
- At least one character must be a number or punctuation mark.
- The password can not be one of your previous passwords
- The password can not contain your first, middle or last name.