Post an Employment or Internship opportunity for FREE
The Brevard College Office for Career Exploration and Development can assist you with employee recruitment and hiring. We welcome the opportunity to connect you to our students and alumni, and are pleased to market your jobs and internships to our talented pool of applicants. To list an internship or job opening submit the information using Brevard College Job Board. All postings will go through an approval process by the Career Services staff before students and alumni can view it. Postings that are approved will stay active for 30 days. Flyers to be posted on campus can be emailed to email@example.com.
Recruit a Brevard College intern
An internship provides an opportunity for students to apply their classroom knowledge in a real work setting and earn credits toward their degree. Students can be enrolled in any department; the direction of which is determined by the type of credits the student needs and/or the type of work the student is doing.
How does a student earn credit?
To earn academic credit, a student need to establish learning outcomes. Learning outcomes are approved by the Students’ Academic Advisor and identified with the internship Site Supervisors. Additionally, a student must work 45 hours for every credit hour attempted, which is documented on a journal/internship log.
Paid or Unpaid?
Sites decide this depending on their policies and on the amount of work. Some sites pay hourly, while others for travel expenses or a stipend at the end of the internship. Some do not pay since it is for course credit. Every prospective intern is reminded that the "pay-off" is not reflected in the compensation but in the valuable experience gained by working in a professional environment as long as the internship meets the NACE definition of a legitimate internship. All the following criteria must be met:
- The experience must be an extension of the classroom: a learning experience that provides for applying the knowledge gained in the classroom. It must not be simply to advance the operations of the employer or be the work that a regular employee would routinely perform.
- The skills or knowledge learned must be transferable to other employment settings.
- The experience has a defined beginning and end, and a job description with desired qualifications.
- There are clearly defined learning objectives/goals related to the professional goals of the student’s academic coursework.
- There is supervision by a professional with expertise and educational and/or professional background in the field of the experience.
- There is routine feedback by the experienced supervisor.
- There are resources, equipment and facilities provided by the host employer that support learning objectives/goals.
Fall Semester: September-December
Spring Semester: January-May
Employers and Organizations can register for on-campus recruitment
Monday - Friday
11:00 am- 1:30 pm
Myers Dining Hall Lobby
On-Campus Recruitment is your chance to get your name out to the Brevard College community. The Office for Career Exploration & Development takes care of advertising to the campus community. A recruitment table is available in the dining hall lobby, offering the most contact with students. In addition, you may also request a location to conduct individual interviews. To request a date for on-campus recruitment please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Brevard College Employer Policies:
- The Office for Career Exploration & Development allows no solicitation or sale of goods or services. Companies requiring an employment-related fee from students or graduates are not eligible to recruit at Brevard College. The Office for Career Exploration & Development reserves the right to deny participation in events to companies who display unprofessional behavior, as determined by the Career Services staff.
- All job postings and position announcements cannot be displayed on campus without being approved by the Career Services Center.
- Employers cannot come onto campus to recruit Brevard College students and/or alumni without being approved by the Career Services Center.