Counseling services at Brevard College, like our other wellness resources, are designed to provide students with opportunities for growth and development in their personal, academic, and professional pursuits. While each student and situation is different, counseling can help with concerns like: academic pressures or difficulties, depression, low self-esteem, stress and/or anxiety, eating problems, substance abuse, loneliness, relationships, dating and sex, and career decisions.
- Individual counseling
- Emergency crisis counseling
- Mediation services
- Career and personality assessment
- Campus presentations
- Community education and awareness programs
- Referrals to community resources such as support groups, other professional counselors, treatment programs, and assessment
- Online Mental Health Support Tool
- Start Your Recovery
Location and Appointments
- Counseling services are located upstairs in the Stamey Wellness Center.
- Individual sessions are usually scheduled on a weekly basis for 50 minutes each, Monday through Friday, from 9 to 5:30 PM.
- Visit counseling services in person or contact firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (828) 884-8129 to schedule an appointment.
- For crisis or emergency situations after hours or on weekends, contact your Resident Assistant or Campus Security