Undeclared major? You are not alone. Most students are uncertain of the area of study they would like to pursue. Students may also have a variety of interests and have trouble narrowing their choices. Most students change their major at least once, and some change several times.
Understanding yourself, your skills, values, abilities, and interests helps you choose your major. By discussing your aspirations and utilizing OCED resources, you can better clarify your goals and select a path that is meaningful and fulfilling. Choosing a major is a process, and the OCED is the place to begin your exploration.
You can view a complete list of Brevard College Majors & Minors on the Registrar page.
Research majors and careers
- What can I do with this major? – Identify typical employers and strategies for entering more than 90 fields
- Occupational Outlook Handbook – Learn what they do, how to become one, job outlook, and similar occupations
- ONET – Browse by job family to compare work tasks, skills, education, training, and credentials
- Career One Stop – Search occupational profiles including industry growth and wage data by state
- FOCUS2 – Watch informational video interviews featuring industry professionals
FOCUS 2 is an online, interactive, self-guided career and education planning system designed to help you make decisions about your future career goals and education plans.
- You will need the access code tornados and a current Brevard College email address to register.
Brevard College encourages all students to utilize Brevard Connect in their career development and exploration. Brevard Connect allows students to explore majors, career paths, develop resume and other job search correspondence, apply for internships or jobs, as well as practice skills such as interviewing. Current students will automatically log in by clicking this link.
Alumni, Employers and Faculty or Staff will need to access Brevard Connect at careers.brevard.edu
Contact 828-641-0325 or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance or to set up an appointment to discuss your major or minor exploration.